Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life Goes On....

Life goes on even if we don't want it to. Its now 6 wks tonight. I've decided that I hate Thursday's! I know it's just another day but this is the day that our life changed so drastically! I along with the girls keep waiting for it to get a little better... but it's not. Not yet anyway. Last Friday when I picked up the kids, Ashtyn told me he hasn't seen his Daddy in a really long time, what do you say? I just said "I know baby" Then he went on to tell me that his "Daddy is an angel looking down at him". It seems his Mom is doing a really good job of explaining it to him & this I am so thankful for, I know he probably really doesn't understand but it helps him to have it explained to him over & over. Addi just talks about "Daddy died, he was in a wreck" & Chloe' really doesn't talk about it much. Now when a song came on the radio she told me "that was my Daddy's favorite song. I had someone tell me the other day that a lady, I think one of the teacher's told her that Shane was so involved in Chloe's school activities, she said when they had something Shane was always there. This I know to be true but as his Mom I am so glad the people saw this. He always went to her school at Halloween & helped her with the pumpkin carving contest. I hope & pray that Chloe' will remember this.
Well on a bright note Shane's cousin Craig who he has always been close to, like brother's, they are 11 days apart, he just had his 1st child last night! A little boy. His first little boy & he is Shane's namesake, Rylan Shane Magness. This would make Shane so happy as it will in March, when Cassey & Nate have their first child also a boy and he to will be Shane's namesake, Noah Jeffery Shaw. So even though we are having a really hard time as a family we are having happy times. It's hard but it's good. Precious babies can make even the saddest heart happy.
So our family is trudging along trying to make it through the deep bitter grief but we are so Thankful for the arrival of a healthy baby Rylan Shane. I know in my heart God is in control, it's hard to understand. I don't understand WHY but I just keep waiting. We have people still praying for us & for this I am so thankful because those prayers are the only thing helping me & my family through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment