Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Grief, it's different for everyone.

Well last night 01/26/2010, I went to Tyler with a couple of friends from work to sit with another friend who is there with her husband of over 30 yrs who the doctors say will not last another 24 to 48 hrs. My heart goes out to her so much. I know her pain & grief. It's amazing how I could do that and remain steady dried eyed and normal. The human mind is puzzle. I hurt for her. I understand somewhat but I realized her grief is so different from mine. She is losing her soul mate, her companion, her best friend. She is losing her life long love. All I could say is I understand, but do I ? No, I think not, just as she can kind of understand my grief but not the full extent of it. So as I sit with her and our other friends I realized that all we can do is be there for her & one another. Love, Live & Forgive. Just as the Lord tell us. There are no promises that life is going to be easy. And as my family as learned life is full of pain, but we have each other, we have the Lord even though we may be somewhat shakey in our faith ( well some of us) we know he is in control, even if we don't understand or can't figure out why we just keep going. And this is my thoughts and this wednesday morning, the day before the 8 wks mark.....

No comments:

Post a Comment